Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An ode to my handbag


My efficient, handy handbag

With flowers undying, blooming upon you,

Loyally hanging on my shoulder,

You keep company in my life’s pursues.


I missed my bus and was walking all the way

My new shoe was peevish, it bit my little toe

Every step hurt - oh, so very much

When ‘baggy’ conjured up a band-aid for my succour.


A lonely day in an alien town

Alas! The network did not follow me there

A bubble of boredom was swelling in my head

When you brought out a book miraculously.


Trouble yet again, at my work place

A seminar to be given at the end of the day

I lunge for my bag and there I find

My hair brush, my gloss and all that I need.


Walking on a road – deserted and dark,

I long for home which is ever so far

A twisted crook, I spot stalking me,

But baggy has a pepper-spray in its belly.


This mundane poem is an ode for you

I know you deserve more,

but that’s all I could brew.

Love you, my baggy, I always, always do.


2 comments:

  1. Wooooooooooow....waht a sweeeeeet bag !!

    (girly screaams in the bg)

    Ahhhhh so Cuteee !! :P

    Jst kidding...it still amazes me how gals are capable of doing such stuff !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P Thanks! My handbag was actually the inspiration behind this.. sweet thing twas indeed!

    ReplyDelete