Thursday, October 16, 2008

'Billi' Blues

No, i'm not talking about my pet. I have no pets. It is about CAT (cat hereafter)...'see-aay-tee' and I couldn't dream of it being my pet. Come on now, pets de-stress. The antonym..i mean, the exact opposite is what cat does to me. And argh! It seems to be upsetting my modest language too.

Presently, it has me balanced on its palm and it can land me in/on
(a) GHMC dustbin, or (b) cloud nine. So much for one-and-a-half years of preparation. Okay, not exactly. Make it half an year....or maybe....three months? Anyways, Rohini sitting through out the day- working out problems, trying to comprehend the most incomprehensible passages and interpreting all those Mars-ish DI sets for three months straight is quite an achievement. The result? I end up with the same percentiles as i used to score before these blessed three months. Grossest gross. Tut-tut.

Now with one month left for the Doomsday, you can actually hear my spine cracking. It is not just cat-blues now- it is reds and greens and blacks (bleak(s)?) - all together in a stomach churning mush.

As a ravenous reader, i have always liked mystery novels. But my unsuspecting fancy seems to have gotten me into trouble. One fine day, God, amused by me, decided to insinuate into my life that blighted thing - mystery.
What will my cat scores be like? Will i get any calls at all? Even if i do get them, will i be able to pass through the next big thing...GD and PI? Tut-tut again. Reading/watching a mystery is fun. Being a part of it is...'yoww'. Tut...okay. I will not say it again.

But to clear my conscience- cat isn't as dark a picture as i have painted...it has its silver linings too...may be i'll talk about them when i'm done with the exam. It did not really upset my language ( it was just my meanness talking) , it rather enriched it (Fine! To some extent atleast?). And yeah, it has consented to being the topic for my blog.
Pretty sweet, no?



Legend

CAT : Common Admission Test.
GHMC : Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation.
DI : Data Interpretation

5 comments:

  1. ameteur writer....dont tell me..!!:P...
    u r awesome sweetz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya..exactly. There's nothing amateurish about your writing. Really witty. Loved the way you pointed out what a cat does to your nerves and what CAT does to it. I would really be surprised if you don't manage to tame the CAT. Keep up the good work.

    Reading/watching a mystery is fun. Being a part of it is...'yoww'. Tut...okay. I will not say it again.

    Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you do your CAT ?
    And I have to mention .. Your writing is good .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arun,

    Thanks for appreciating. Unfortunately, the blues remain. It didn't go the way i wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete