Wednesday, October 8, 2008

If pain was only skin-deep


Eyes stubbornly spill

the copious tears I try holding back.

The wretched feeling

in the moribund heart

returns with a vengeance.

Veins burst,

though I see no blood.

The bone aches,

like when you hammer nails.

And those nerves-

are they tied into a knot?

My fingertips burn,

when they brush my skin

Am I to melt,

and evaporate?

But at times,

I do wish I could.

Puff and gone,

never to be again born.

But what have I done,

to bear this torture?

My life now seems

in a perennial languor

My flesh has grown

so senile

The once loquacious lips

are now sewn up.

The lucid eye

is now a glassy sea.

Blood they say,

is thicker than water

But mine has turned

so gossamer -

that tears now seem

much thicker and darker.


The very people

I revered , I loved,

who once said

‘love you too’,

now each has, a derisive eye

that slashes my soul

beyond repair.

But oh, it is only human to err

then why is it that

only He can forgive?


If only, this incessant pain

would not crush the bone,

nor torment the mind,

nor pierce the heart.

If pain, was only skin-deep.

Or something real,

I could quickly amputate.


5 comments:

  1. The sore pain..It comes across so clear...God bless the hurt soul..In between well-written!! The short sentences make the diction crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sore pain..It comes across so clear...God bless the hurt soul..In between well-written!! The short sentences make the diction crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for appreciating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If pain was only skin-deep

    Very true..i believe that the pain about which you r talking starts right from our birth (unknown to us).........slowly u start realizing about these pain as u grow older (say mature)........so the funda should be stay young n immature in mind and heart .

    being childish is grt fun.......


    well written......keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah correct... that's the basic idea behind my childish behaviour...heheh.. it's crazy and fun.
    This personally is my favourite of all my works..

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete